Good WordPress Themes and Designs in 2023
Things to Consider when choosing a wordpress theme
- Ensure compatibility. The majority of themes require additional plugins to extend their functionality, so choosing a theme that is compatible with major plugins will save you a lot of time.
- The performance. There is a lot of emphasis on speed nowadays. Speedy sites rank higher on Google, since they deliver content to visitors more quickly and therefore are more relevant. Consider performance when choosing a theme.
- Assistance. A developer’s response to your request is important when it comes to issues you cannot resolve on your own. Support is available for some WordPress themes, so you won’t have any trouble getting your issues resolved.
- The latest updates. Security and frequent updates are key to a successful website. Check the theme’s changelog to see how often it is updated to avoid malicious attacks that can cause long periods of downtime or even harm to your visitors.
- Shopping online. There is a growing trend of selling goods online, so buying a theme that is already compatible so that you can extend your website with a few clicks and get started is a great advantage.
- An aesthetic design. A minimalist, function-over-form design is the current trend in modern web design, and while there are always subtleties in what makes a website look good, making sure it’s content-driven and not bloated is something to keep an eye out for.
An affordable price. We do not recommend comparing themes based on their prices despite the temptation. Since this is a longer-term investment, a small price difference isn’t worth running into trouble or buying another theme once you’re not satisfied with it.
Divi WordPress Theme
Divi is a popular WordPress theme. This theme is created by Elegant Themes, one of the most popular theme shops for WordPress. In addition to effects, a shape divider, hovering items, and more, you can customize your themes through the visual builder.
Layouts are pre-built to get you started. You can, however, build a theme from scratch if you wish. Plus, you can edit text inline and see results immediately on the frontend through inline text editing.
With Divi, you don’t have to worry about optimizing your website for smartphones or setting up AMP because it’s a mobile-responsive theme.
Astra WordPress Theme
An extremely popular WordPress theme is the Astra Theme. This lightweight application requires fewer than 50 KB of resources to run. Because of this, it loads extremely quickly, within 0.5 seconds.
Additionally, you can choose one of the pre-built designs and start using it right away to save time. A theme can be customized from scratch if you want to create a new one.
The theme lets you customize the layout settings, colors and typography, header options, and the appearance of your blogs and archives.
Your build process is in your hands with OceanWP. The theme is compatible with Elementor, WPBakery, Beaver Builder, Divi, and more, making it extremely flexible and adaptable to the needs of any website owner.
The depth of tools and features offered by OceanWP is nearly unmatched in the industry. As well as being responsive, the theme is ecommerce-ready, translation-ready, and RTL-ready. Lightweight pages for fast loading times, a built-in SEO base, and excellent support are all included.
The OceanWP base version is free, but you can upgrade to a premium version for additional features such as custom page layouts, Elementor plugins, and more demo sites that you can install right away. Additionally, extensions are available for creating full-screen scrolling sites, displaying cookie notices, and adding pop-ups.
Although all themes on this list use responsive, mobile-friendly design, Neve is truly mobile-first. ThemeIsle’s AMP theme is built strictly according to Google’s AMP best practices, delivering a lightweight build, secure pages, and responsive designs.
Neve also works with Elementor, Divi, and WooCommerce, in addition to this main selling point. It is commendable that you can customize the product even with the free version. With a paid plan, you’ll get an Elementor booster, access to stunning demo sites, and unlimited sites.
Both the free and paid versions of Neve offer tremendous value. With mobile performance prioritized, this theme is ideal for site owners expecting a large share of traffic from mobile devices.
Themify’s Ultra theme is one of the most powerful and flexible WordPress themes available. A powerful drag & drop builder makes it easy for you to create any type of website.
One click imports their demo setup, which includes theme settings, content, menus, widgets, and more. You can quickly get started with your new website project this way.
Among its features are header/page styles, header backgrounds, footer layouts, single post layouts, archive layouts, and section scrolling.
Best of all, you get 60+ predesigned layouts with parallax landing pages designed by professionals. Creating one from scratch is not necessary.
Also included are 12 bonus add-ons, including a progress bar, counter, pricing table, and countdown widget.
This collection of the most popular WordPress themes includes Avada, the best-selling WordPress theme of all time – at least on ThemeForest’s busy marketplace. If you have a strong vision for your project and want to apply it to your WordPress website, then this theme is a great choice.
In addition to photography, agency, gym, business, church, cafe, fashion, travel, eCommerce, and other categories, Avada offers demos for a variety of types of websites. Using Fusion Builder, you can customize all demos and their pages. Custom page layouts can be easily created using this tool and then populated with a variety of elements.
Avada includes elements such as alert messages, buttons, flip boxes, full-width sections, pricing tables, sliders, testimonials, and more. In addition, Avada offers five header layouts so you can customize your website’s look.
As a true multipurpose theme, Avada comes with a wide range of demos that can be applied to nearly any project.