What are the best Website Builders for Small Business in 2023?
It’s important to note that we’re recommending WordPress.org, not WordPress.com, the site builder with the same name. Due to its flexibility and freedom, the popular CMS is also one of the best website builders.
The first thing you need to know is that WordPress websites require separate web hosting. Many free WordPress themes are available (more than 10,000), as well as many paid themes. Although WordPress’ own site builder has a simple interface, it sticks to the bare minimum features. To extend the functionality of your site, you can add literally tens of thousands of plugins, many of which are free.
Why do we recommend WordPress?
WordPress is the most customizable website builder available. May of the other Website builders on this list will stick you in a proprietary theme and have little to no customization. This can hurt SEO, user experience and overall website ranking
In terms of ease of use, WordPress isn’t as easy as the all-in-one website builders. It may be necessary to hire a freelancer to help code your website, or learn how to use the right combination of plugins to make it do what you want. WordPress is a good choice if you have some technical knowledge and want a customized website that you host yourself.
Shopify is one of the most popular online store builders, if you’ve been researching them. Shopify is a decent choice for smaller start ups or eccomerce business. In spite of the fact that it lacks some of the flexibility of a custom designed website, it performs well enough for some online businesses. It is very popular with dropshipping and online apparel shops.
This website builder focuses primarily on selling online, so it has more advanced e-commerce features than most others. You may want to consider other website builders for small businesses that offer free or cheaper plans if you are just starting out.
- The Shopify App Store has many Shopify apps in different categories, such as email marketing or sales.
- The software provides almost all the features a small business needs.
- Even though Shopify might be expensive for most small businesses, if you need more features and your store is growing, it is the best option.
- You shouldn’t choose Shopify if you want heavy customizations. It would be better to use open source platforms such as WordPress.org, but this would require coding and design skills.
Wix is on of the simplest web building platforms. Almost anyone can sign up for a wix account and begin working. There is no technical or coding knowledge required to set it up. While that may sound nice, it can also be a serious detriment to overall website performance and SEO ranking
The Wix Website building is best suited for individuals or small business that us using the website as some sort of online business card. For any serious online business it is almost laughable to use wix
- Unlike most other website builders, this one is easy to use.
- This drag-and-drop builder is one of the easiest to use.
- No coding or technical knowledge required.
- Even the free version offers a variety of design options.
- Good customer support.
- Free plans do not include domain personalization.
- Stuck in a template that can be detrimental to SEO
- Cannot add large amounts of pages
- Editing can only be done by one person at a time.
Small businesses can create professional and engaging websites with HubSpot’s free content management system and drag-and-drop website builder. Businesses can control all aspects of their marketing, sales, and customer service efforts from one platform, which is connected to their all-in-one CRM solution.
Your website can be tailored and optimized to engage your visitors and drive conversions. The user-friendly platform allows marketers to edit and create pages without technical expertise, while visitors enjoy a secure and personalized browsing experience. While some larger companies can get away with using Hubspot, we still do not recommend it for companies that need an impressive online presence.
- No coding required with drag-and-drop builder.
- Built in CMS
- Firewalls, malware detection, and other security measures already installed.
- Information about customers and website visitors is stored in HubSpot’s CRM.
- Ideal for growing and scaling businesses.
- The paid plans and premium features are a bit pricey.
- Custom code cannot be added or third-party tools cannot be integrated.
- Newcomers may find it overwhelming.
Canva Website Builder might be an excellent choice if you are technically challenged and lack coding knowledge but want to create a simple one-page website.
With Canva Website Builder’s user-friendly editor and sleek templates, you can promote business events or boost your personal brand in minutes. The one-page website templates offered by Canva Website Builder can give you the start you need.
The Canva Website Builder is a great tool for entrepreneurs, content creators, and side hustlers alike.
Users do not need extensive technical expertise to create and manage websites on Squarespace. Creating a professional-looking website is easy with Squarespace’s drag-and-drop tools, customizable templates, and integrated features, such as e-commerce.
Squarespace is probably something you’ve heard about once or twice.They have gained brand recognition thanks to their commercials featuring Hollywood stars. n spite of the fact that it is not the cheapest option, it will only cost you $24 per month; however, this does not include a custom domain. If you need to implement some large-scale business plans, it may provide good value for your money.
Among its main features, you may find:
- Products that can be sold both digitally and physically
- Square, PayPal, and Stripe are some of the payment methods available
- Calculation of shipping fees and taxes automatically
- Integrations with third parties and add-ons
- AdWords and Analytics integrations native to Google AdWords
- Email marketing campaigns and subscriptions built with Mailchimp
Can I create my own website without hiring a designer?
It was once necessary to learn code or hire a web designer to create a website for a business. Neither process would take much time (possibly years) nor would it be cost-effective (at least thousands of dollars). As we discussed above, there is a third option available these days.
It is very easy to build and maintain your own website with web builder platforms that cost only a few dollars a month. All you have to do is select a template, then drag and drop your own images, text, and video into it. As part of the package, you’ll also receive a domain name and hosting for your website.
In spite of that, most larger or more serious companies do hire web developers and programmers. When the website is built, it will nine times out of ten outperform a simple website that used a website builder. Site builders lack the structure and uniqueness that causes websites to rank on the first page of Google
Can you tell me what should be included on a small business website?
The content of a small business website differs from company to company due to the uniqueness of each company. In general, your website’s homepage should explain who you are and what you do. In addition, visitors will expect an ‘About us’ page that provides more information about the company, and a ‘Contact us’ page that tells them how to get in touch. As well as links to any relevant social media accounts, the latter should include an address, telephone number, and email.
There are also pages listing your products and/or services, an online shop, an FAQ (frequently asked questions) page, a testimonial/review page, a press story page, and a blog or ‘latest news’ page.